Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day

   I'm not really a father. At least not biologically. According to the papers I am a father.
   But I am a Dad. Not necessarily a good one. I'm sure I do okay, sometimes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

   But I haven't killed any of them. Yet.
    But I have thought about it. Maybe. A few times.
   When Yvette and I got married almost 21 years ago. I thought I was ready to handle being a Dad. 
   After all this time, I'm starting to think that maybe I'm almost ready to be a Dad. 
   Honestly, I had no idea how much of my life as a parent would be spent having ab-so-freaking-lute-ly no idea what the Heck is going on. 
   I wonder what just happened and if I ask what happened the explanation makes no sense.
   I'm beginning too understand why my dad just nodded. A LOT. There's a LOT of nodding involved in being a dad. That. And umm-hmm. I find myself doing that a lot. It's noncommittal and can't be held against me. Basically, they think I'm agreeing. But I'm really just hoping that whatever I was just asked about isn't illegal, immoral, or liable to cause permanent injury or scarring (either physically or emotionally)
   So this is my 20th Father's Day as a father. 
I like what my kids got me. I didn't get a tie or socks or underwear. I could always use socks and underwear. But I rarely wear a tie.
   I've got these children. I love them. They love me sometimes. Sometimes they don't. I can deal with that. If they always loved me, I'd probably be doing something wrong.
   
   As always:

Thanks for Reading!
Thanks for Praying!
Thank You for Your Support!

Click on my link below to get a free stock! It's free. Free is good, right?


   

No comments:

Post a Comment